Monday, March 19, 2012

The Lifter Of My Head...

Today I was doing pretty good. Actually the day started really well.... Daniel went off to work early (he started a new job today, Yay). I had a quick Brekky, read my devotion, dropped my 3 girls off to school and took my boy back home because his asthma was really bad. On the way home, we stopped and listened to the roar of the Malanda Falls in flood! It was an awesome sight. Once home I snatched a few minutes to take a phone call from a  friend I had been meaning to call, such a breath of fresh air. Then, a beautiful new friend dropped in unexpectedly with a little House warming gift - a set of 12 glasses! Imagine! Glass cups after 2 years of plastic! Such a thoughtful gesture! I love our new Church Family :)
It was turning out to be a beautiful day..... Okay, so it was excessively wet and I swear my feet are growing webbing. I am noticing an increase of mould popping up here and there also. But mould aside, it was still a glorious day.
Then it happened....
I read something that made me feel so very sad. A simple comment about something I do when I write. It was unexpected. It probably wasn't meant to upset me but it did. I felt discouraged. I don't want to go over the top and get all dramatic about it....but It really did make me feel like what I write is not good enough. I wondered if this was a sign I was to stop writing for this particular organisation. I started to stress about the other things I had committed myself to write for this organisation....would they be acceptable? Would it be good enough? Should I close the chapter? I think I felt this way because I often do not hear feedback for the things that I do write or have written so I am left wondering how it has been received. And then to have the suggestion that I do not meet the criteria, it just felt like I didn't measure up. I'll be honest.....I cried. Then I prayed....
"Lord, am I doing the right thing? You know my heart Lord....you know how I go about writing.....you know I felt prompted to share those things after asking you.....am I to stop? Is it time to close the chapter?" And I felt very clearly, these beautiful encouraging words from my Lord and saviour....
"You don't write for ______ (enter name of that person) You write for me! It really doesn't matter what that person thinks. You write for me and my purposes." 
I am so grateful that He is the lifter of my head!
He is the King I serve.
He has given me many gifts and abilities and I choose to look to Him.
Thank you Father for helping me see this from the right perspective.....and thank you for being the lifter of my head!

No comments: